Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Going Paleo

What is Paleo? well it is pretty simple actually. It is eating all good healthy food.*Whole 30 Program - http://www.whole9life.com/*
Eat real food – meat, fish, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re natural and unprocessed."
  • Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial

  • Do not eat processed foods

  • Do not drink alcohol

  • Do not eat grains.

  • Do not eat legumes. Do not eat dairy.

  • Do not eat white potatoes.

  • Most importantly… do not try to shove your old, unhealthy diet into a shiny new Whole30 mold



  • So essentially you take out all the bad foods. No sugar, no processed foods, no dairy, no grains. Simple right? Well we will see about that.

    Going Paleo... this is what my goal is. My name is Jasmine I am 22 and I have been doing Crossfit at Ignite Fitness www.ignitefit.ca for some time now I have had great increases in strength, speed and power but I am still missing something. I know what the problem is it is just not until now that I have had the courage and dedications to do it. I need to change my diet, it is not possible to out exercise a bad diet and I know that so here I go.

    The Plan: To adopt the Paleo Diet.

    Step 1: 30 Day Challenge

    The 30 Day Challenge was shown to me by my friend at the gym B. With her help I am going to power through these 30 days of eating strict Paleo with no cheating (hopefully). I start Today and to get myself ready I went to see B last night to get all the insider info on what I am in for. She was a plethora of information and tips to help me get started and stay on track.

    To get ready for Day 1 I have gotten on the scale, taken some pictures and some measurements. After some consideration I have come to the decision to share this info so that everyone can get a better idea of if this did wonders for me or not. I am also not going to re-measure or weigh myself until the 30 days are complete.

    10.17.2011
    Bust- 38"
    Arm (thickest part) - 11 1/2"
    Belly (at bellybutton) - 33 1/2"
    Leg (top of thigh) - 27"
    Weight- 170.4 lbs

                                                                      Before Pictures

    I have also gone grocery shopping last night to get all my paleo good food and I did notice that my total was ALOT higher that it usually is. I have heard that this does get better. I am really hoping that it does!

    My workout regime will not be changing throughout this challenge, I will continue to do crossfit and play soccer and try not to make any drastic changes so that my results will show how the paleo diet was for me and not my changes in activity. I will also be posting my workouts and how I felt through them to see if it is any different than it was.

    So I will post again as I go through my 30 days of Paleo.

    1 comment: