Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 3

I know by now everyone know that fat is GOOD for us, it is nto fat that makes us fat. When going Paleo this is something that is very important to realize! Fat is one of our main sources of energy and make us happy. Our body is designed to run off of fats so we should learn how to use them and what fats are good fats. I found this artivcle that is very good on what fats are good fats and I think everyone should check it out and see if there is anything there you didnt know.



I have to say the the the Paleo food is quite tasty. I am trying new things that I never thought I would like and am really enjoying them!

My man was home today :) and he was so kind to get up with me as I had to go to work and make me a nice Paleo breakfast. How sweet of him!

            Breakfast
  • Eggs
  • Spinach
  • Turkey Bacon
- all mixed together in a scramble









At work my friend here is also doing this challenge, I am always getting calls like, "I woke up this morning craving a milk shake" or when someone comes by with treats " I really like croissants" she is doing very well though and it is nice to have someone close to share recipes and work together.

Lunch

- I had fried up some chicken with mushrooms and onions and spices the night before. I then had bought a salad mix that was an Asian mix I think. It had cut up lettuce. cabbage, and carrots. I then just mixed the two and added a home made salad dressing (That my work friend had made me as that is not my department. . . yet)


After work me and my man went down to Big Bend Market to get some VERY yummy sausages for our dinner.

 Dinner














  • Sweet Potato - 1
  • Green Pepper - 1
  • Sweet Onion - 1/4 of a large onion
  • Sausage (wheat free) - 4
  • Apple - 2 crab apples (its what I had at home)
  • Coconut Oil
  • Oregano
- You first cut everything up into cubes or smaller, than cook the sausage and Sweet Potato in seperate pans, once the potato is just starting to go soft and you can just start to pierce it with a fork (about 10 min) add in the applem green pepper, onion and keep cooking that until they are all soft. You than add the cooked sausage and top with Oregano.

This was so good! I really enjoyed all the different flavors and it made ALOT! more than enough for the two of us. I had only ever had sweet potatoes in the fries form and I was never a fan but I must say I really liked this so I may need to go back on my sweet potato opinion.

For Dessert I made the same fried bannanas that I had made the other day and this time I added Cinnimon on top and they were very good. such a nice little treat.

I am always looking for new recipies, I am finding that there are alot of good websites one of the ones I use alot is http://www.pintrest.com/ and http://www.fastpaleo.com/ . The only thing you have to watch is that some people's paleo is different from others so look at the ingrediants to see exatly what is in it and if it fits into your Paleo. If something does not quite fit into your style of Paleo don't give up on it try to get creative and substitue out the igredients you don't want with ones you do, or try just simply eliminating the ingredient. I also do this if I do not have all the same ingredients on hand, imporvise with what you have and take some of the stress of always having to have the "right" ingrediants all the time. I think it is more fun to look at recipes for inspiration and than working from there as oppose to going step by step through it. Mix things up, make them your own and you are sure to enjoy them more. 

I hope that everyone is finding good Paleo eats and has a great weekend.
Happy Paleoing!



No comments:

Post a Comment