Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 8 and 9

The last couple of days I have been eating nothing special, no new recipes to tell you about. I did have a turkey dinner at Ryguys parents house on Tues night. They do know that I am doing this challenge and that makes going there for a meal quite a bit easier they had made all the normal stuff they all eat like buns, potatoes, stuffing and desserts. Ryguy's mother also made sure there was lots of different veggies too, like beats, beans, carrots and salad. They always make Caesar Salad and they did this time too they just left the dressing off of it and everyone added it themselves which I could add my own home made salad dressing and then I just picked out the croutons. It was a very good meal and it was very nice for them to be so accommodating. It is not that hard to just skip the bad stuff you don't want to eat even if you are at someone's house for dinner, it is the same as not liking something, people understand why you are not eating it. Yesterday was also the day Ryguy went back up to work so I am now back on my own. I find it difficult to only cook for one person all the time, especially since with him gone it means that I am back training at the gym which takes up a lot of my evenings and makes my meal planning hit the way-side.

Some of my meals  the last couple of days:

Steak and Coleslaw(without the dressing)


Eggs and Turkey Bacon






Egg Scramble



























Me and Ryguy got a room mate over the weekend. He is a very nice guy going to school and likes going to the gym, I am going to see if he will come down to Ignite Fitness with me but I am skeptical. He has P90X. . . So as we were home the other night he comes in and this is what he has with him! and man did it look good!!!

Black Forest Cake
I have to say that I am feeling really good, I my constant thirst has receded and I am feeling more alert and over all just more pleasant. There was one day that I did get a really wicked headache. I have started drinking coffee again (black) and it is not so bad I actually like it. I have cravings less and less and I am enjoying almost everything that  I am eating. I do have a couple of go to foods when I need a snack (ususally at night) and they are grapes, or some kind of berry depends on what I have, and eggs if I dont really feel like cooking a meal.

Last night when I was at the gym I was talking to one of my fellow trainers (who is not on the 30 day challenge) but he does believe in Paleo. We were talking about Paleo eating and all the differences and such and he brought up a really good point. All the time we hear people say how Paleo is not a good diet how its not good to be cutting all of these things (grains, and dairy) out of your diet and its stupid and so on. Well if you look at most health books and diets those things are rarely in there. For example the book 150 Healthiest Foods On Earth  by Jonny Bowden Ph.D (which is on my next purchase list) not a single one of those foods is a grain.  I also found this list:

Top Brain Foods

1.Cucumber
2.Celery
3.Eggplant
4.Lettuce
5.Avocado
6.Apples
7.Banana’s
8.Goji Berry
9.Pomegranates
10.Blueberries

. . . and no grains or dairy. Even in Men's Health (yes I read Men's Health) the October 2011 issue has an article on "All Star Entrees" and in this it includes
  1. Olive Oil
  2. Almonds
  3. Salmon
  4. Farro
  5. Chickpeas
Farro is the only grain in there and they tell you to chew on it raw, so not in a grain product and there is again no dairy. So there must be something to this (not that I never thought there wasn't) if more than one diet stems off the same concept. So all the people who think Paleo is stupid or unhealthy or just another fad diet should maybe look more into it. There is more to it there is A LOT of science, and research behind the idea and even more stories about the wonders it does for people. Paleo is a lifestyle not just a diet, so give it a try, try all of it, try some of it. Don't bash it unless you try it. and if a healthy life is what you are looking for this is a good place to start.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just stumbled across your blog and enjoyed reading your posts. I think we are on a similar journey. I'm following :-)

    ReplyDelete